6:30pm, Friday, Nov 23
10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday, Nov 24
In this learn-to-meditate retreat, we will learn and practice:
- How to find an object of meditation
- How to develop and improve mindfulness
- How to deal with distraction--gross and subtle mental mental excitement
- How to recognize and deal with gross and subtle mental sinking
- How to find equanimity of concentration.
The Friday night intro should be enough for beginners to start to learn how to meditate, and in the sessions on Saturday we will learn and practice all the most essential points of meditation. These techniques establish the framework for training in tranquil abiding in the future.
Saturday will be part-silent to help us quiet our mind and focus.
|Friday, 6:30 - 8:00 pm||Introduction (this is important)|
|Saturday, 9:30 am||Arrive in time to be settled.|
|10:00 - 11:00 am||Session 1|
|11:30 - 12:30 pm||Session 2|
|2:00 - 2:15 pm||Q&A|
|2:30 - 3:30 pm||Session 3|
|4:00 - 5:00 pm||Session 4|